Friday, December 4, 2020

Puzzles #joysof2020

 I love puzzles.  They help relax me and pull me away from work.  I am currently working on my 7th puzzle since COVID interrupted our normal lives.  However, this pastime brought me joy in another way this year.  

Many nights I would have a companion.  Someone who has not been a part of our daily lives for the last three years.  My son.  

He enjoys piecing together a scene as much as I do.  One of my greatest joys this year was sitting at the table talking, joking, and putting together a puzzle with Cam.  

I decided to write a Cinquain to reflect upon this joy.  This is also my assignment for the "The Poet's Studio:  Exploring Poetic Forms" class I am taking with Georgia Heard.  This particular puzzle is a collection of pictures from a trip with my daughter and our friends.  

Puzzles 
Friends united
Assembled memories
Of adventures like no other
Pastime.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Poop Notes #SOL

I hate when the kids leave.  I fight to keep the tears at bay.  I strive to stay productive.  However, a blanket of sadness usually wraps ar...