Wednesday, December 2, 2020

So Much Depends Upon #joysof2020

 This year, I discovered TeachWrite and my writing self.  This group of supportive writers has changed my life and brought me so much joy.  

Every Monday, I introduce my students to a new poem in our Meet a Poem Monday lesson, and we use that poem to inspire our own writing.  Early on, we looked at William Carlos Williams' "The Red Wheelbarrow."  It inspired me to write about journaling and my Time to Write friends.  They have brought me so much joy this year. 

so much depends 

upon

a pouch of colorful

pens

standing ready to transfer 

feelings 

to an empty journal 

page.


so much depends

upon

a silver MacBook Air

laptop

glowing with engrossed

writers

from all over the 

world.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Poop Notes #SOL

I hate when the kids leave.  I fight to keep the tears at bay.  I strive to stay productive.  However, a blanket of sadness usually wraps ar...