Saturday, December 5, 2020

The Pickity Place #joysof2020



Friend, books, and food - three of my favorite things.  

Once the COVID numbers started to decrease, my friends and I ventured out to the Pickity Place in Mason, NH.  This lovely cottage (1786) was the inspiration for Elizabeth Orton Jones's illustrations for Little Red Riding Hood (Little Golden Books, 1948).  

Today, you can dine in the restaurant, walk the gardens, and visit the gift shop.  Its menu features fresh herbs and edible flowers from their own gardens.  

What a joy it was to eat a five-course lunch tucked away in the gardens after months of isolation.  

I capture this joy in a Cinquain.  

Garden
Hues of color
Tuck us in an embrace
A feeling of freedom amidst 
Virus.

This is a joy I hope to repeat again.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Poop Notes #SOL

I hate when the kids leave.  I fight to keep the tears at bay.  I strive to stay productive.  However, a blanket of sadness usually wraps ar...