Wednesday, March 10, 2021

My Day in 7 Sentences #SOL21

 Wake up and Write with my Teach Write friends.

Concerning conversation brings tears and digs up memories.


Insightful conversations with my sixth-graders about bullying, character change, and motivations of characters and Fish in a Tree.


Impressive descriptive paragraphs were written and shared by my seventh graders.


Proof of life was required, again, for our class Betta fish, which was recently named Riptide (although the students loved the suggestion of Houdini from another slicer).


Exhausting COVID rehearsal for our play The Enchanted Bookshop allows students to take leadership roles.


Full circle.  Perfect ending.  Time to Write with my Teach Write friends.  


I am excited to be participating in the Two Writing Teachers March Slice of Life Challenge.





8 comments:

  1. "Concerning conversation brings tears" is mentioned first, and I suspect colors the whole day. Not to mention that darn disappearing fish! These seven lines are very poetic; lovely approach for a slice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this format!I love that you're coming full circle by starting with the Teach Write group and ending with the Teach Write group!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that we book-ended your day, Heather! I'm loving the early bird session! -- Christie @https://wonderingandwondering.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you love how you can begin and end with your Teach Write friends? I like the name Riptide for a fish -- it's appropriate and again you are making me miss having a betta!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is lots going on for you and lots of opportunity to explore your own writing. A nice thing to have this support writing group with Teach Write. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely structure for a slice! I will borrow this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please, please, please alert me when you write the slice about the fish. Oh my gosh, I read that three times--proof of life, again! There is a story in there for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's hard to be concise when describing our busy educator days, but you a great job doing so! I am inspired now to pay attention to the highlights of my day and try a similar post; thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Poop Notes #SOL

I hate when the kids leave.  I fight to keep the tears at bay.  I strive to stay productive.  However, a blanket of sadness usually wraps ar...