Thursday, March 18, 2021

The Case of the Missing Paper #SOL21

Where is Nancy Drew when you need her?

It has been one of those weeks where I just can't seem to keep on top of things.  

Kids are struggling.

There was an observation of a student by an outside consultant today.

I started new lessons or units in all four of my classes.

It's crunch time for our theater production.

There were meetings upon meetings upon meetings.

And today, I lost a piece of paper.  Ok, I know, a piece of paper - it's a small thing, not a big deal. 

However, it wasn't the fact that I lost the paper that bothered me; it was more that I lost it within five minutes of using it!  

Soooo, I guess I feel what I really lost was my MIND!  

I had just finished recording ideas for an open response with my class, and I was organizing myself for the next class walking in the door.  My co-teacher and I planned to parallel teach in the next class, and I wanted to leave it with her as a guide.  I went to place it under the Hovercam, but it was gone.  

Hastily, we both sifted through the papers on our workspace.  Then, Meg searched the room while I looked through the trash bucket.  Nothing.  

The only thing we could do was laugh and stare at each other in disbelief.

I looked through everything at least three times before the end of the day.  

As I sat at my desk trying to correct papers after the students left, I put my deduction skills to use and went over in my head the last few minutes of the class.  I remembered that a student came up to share one of his papers.  Could he have taken the paper with his own paper?  

I sent him an email.  The investigation continues...

I am excited to be participating in the Two Writing Teachers March Slice of Life Challenge.





4 comments:

  1. That's funny! But you'll find it - the paper; you haven't lost your mind!) It'll surface when you least expect it, hidden in some stacks of paper. We know how paper attracts paper in school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had those days! Rest assured your mind is still there and I am sure that paper will pop up when you least expect it. Hopefully tomorrow will feel less hectic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the agony of a just-used, just-lost item; I could hear it in your post! I went through the very same actions here at home just this morning with a misplaced flashlight. Too many file cabinets open in the brain, is my excuse. Hope the paper was found!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must let us know if this gets solved! Been there, done that - it feels so bizarre, as if you are losing your mind. Rest assured, you are not - you are just BUSY. Here's hoping you get to put your feet up this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Poop Notes #SOL

I hate when the kids leave.  I fight to keep the tears at bay.  I strive to stay productive.  However, a blanket of sadness usually wraps ar...