The weeks are long and exhausting. I don't know why I think they should be getting easier, but I do. Today, I was dragging, and then everything changed. I got this from a friend (and a little something else), and it was just what I needed to change my perspective.
I like this word! It made me think of all the things that happened today that will help me finish this week strong.
- Words from a dear friend: "I just wanted to share that I just took time to catch up on your blog. I laughed, I cried, and most of all I wanted to give you a hug. You are amazing!" Okay, this might have brought a few tears, but they were happy ones.
- Words from a student: " Mrs. Morris, I see how all of this is coming together. It makes things easier." Yes! Planning does help us to write and create.
- Words from my partner in crime/teaching: "We've got this!"
- Words from another student: " I could see it coming." Exactly, that is foreshadowing!
- Words from another student: "Mrs. Morris, look at this! I found another example of foreshadowing!" It was one I had never seen before in this animated short.
- A student worked on his open response past the bell.
- A non-reader finished American Born Chinese in two days. It just takes one book to reel them in.
- A student nailed the theme of a Dickinson poem.