Tuesday, September 28, 2021

This Nest Is Full #SOL21

 Empty nesting is certainly a whirl of emotions, but there is one I never thought would prevail so early on in this stage.  

Pride has taken hold of this nest and put sadness and loneliness to the side.  The swell in my chest holds the tears at bay.  If they come, and they may, it will be because I am proud.

List of Pride

A job offer
lightens the load.

An engineering prototype
is taking shape.

A man pursues 
his dream of flight.

Forming strong friendships
brings happiness and fun.

A dancer's passion
continues on.

A defender plays
for fun.

They are flying,
taking advantage of the
opportunities available.

This mother bird
has much to tweet about.



5 comments:

  1. Oh man, I am so with you with my newly empty nest. Proud, worried, missing them so much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I love your last lines. It sounds like your kids are flying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are beaming with pride, Heather. They've found their wings. Time to fly. Congratulations! -- Christie @ https://wonderingandwondering.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. it doesn't matter how long the nest has been empty… empty it still is and sometimes really lonely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Grown up kids are a whole lot of fun, but I also miss ‘em!

    ReplyDelete

Poop Notes #SOL

I hate when the kids leave.  I fight to keep the tears at bay.  I strive to stay productive.  However, a blanket of sadness usually wraps ar...