Sunday, March 13, 2022

5:30 a.m. (but really 4:30 a.m.) Wake Up #SOLC22

 It is hard work worrying from a distance.  

Yesterday, my 22-year-old son left for Florida, flying on his own for the first time.  He had a layover in Detroit where his connecting flight was canceled.  He took it all in stride.  He rebooked the flight, received some meal vouchers, and was put up in a hotel.  It was not ideal, but he made the best of it in the company of a few good beers.  

And then...


I haven't even left my chair, and I feel as if I was the one who sprinted through the airport.  The worrying is awful.  Cam took care of the situation calmly, positively, and confidently, probably much better than the others in his situation.  



3 comments:

  1. I was right there with you ... impressive he navigated it all. It is not easy to step aside, but he showed you he can do it. Hope he has fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Navigating flying is stressful enoght when you are with someone, let alone by yourself. And do we ever stop worrying as parents?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes- being on the other end of this gets stressful because all you can do is wait. Kudos to Cam for handling the situation well on his own!

    ReplyDelete

Poop Notes #SOL

I hate when the kids leave.  I fight to keep the tears at bay.  I strive to stay productive.  However, a blanket of sadness usually wraps ar...