Saturday, March 19, 2022

A Vision for the Rest of the Year #SOLC22

I find so much inspiration from reading other Slices of Life.  

This year started out rough for me, so when I read Trina's slice today, which was inspired by Elisabeth, I perked up a bit.  She wrote about the 10 things she would like to get to this year.  As I start to come out of the winter doldrums, this is exactly where my mind wanted to go this morning.

Here are 10 things I hope to accomplish this year:

  • watching my daughter dance with her Dance Elite team at UW Madison 
  • building a raised bed garden and start plants from seed
  • taking a knitting and/or crocheting class
  • visiting my parents in Venice, Florida, and spend as many days as possible on the beach
  • replacing the carpeting in the house
  • visiting the Bellamy-Ferriday house and gardens in CT
  • attending a football game at UW Madison
  • meeting in-person some writing friends in July
  • painting Cam's bedroom and get a new desk for writing
  • taking a poetry class
and a few more because I wanted to keep going

  • reading 50 books
  • walking new rail trails with a friend
  • reading a poem a day
  • eating dinner at Pickity Place with friends
  • spending a day at Release 
What would go on your list?





3 comments:

  1. What a great list! I am not pondering what goes on mine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this reflective act; and, I can imagine once you started listing, more of your accomplishments came up. I feel like this should be posted for yourself. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great plan. I always hesitate to make those lists...too many rules and disappointments when I don't do it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Poop Notes #SOL

I hate when the kids leave.  I fight to keep the tears at bay.  I strive to stay productive.  However, a blanket of sadness usually wraps ar...