Tuesday, March 15, 2022

I am joining the Slicer Writer Retreat #SOLC22

Thank you, Leigh Anne Eck, for the invitation to this much-needed retreat.  I am packing my writing bag right now.  

Here is the invitation:

"So, imagine yourself being with other writers in a cabin tucked away in a world of lush green fields surrounded by beautiful flowers blooming under blue skies and perfect temperatures."

I have my Delde pen pouch full of Paper Mate Ink Joy pens and Blackwing pencils. 

While I will bring my computer to keep in touch with my writing community, I prefer to write in my journals.  I will start my day in my Morning Pages journal, spend the afternoon in my poetry journal while working through Georgia Heard's Writing Toward Home, and end the day in my notebook.  I dug out The Art of Noticing to bring on the retreat, as well.  I am looking forward to spending some time reading about writing.  I would also bring my Lifeprint printer so I can take some photos for my journal.

I am bringing my Yeti to fill up in the morning with my Celsius Energy drink (no coffee or tea for me) and water for the rest of the day.  I am packing some peanut M&Ms and Sweedish Fish for some picky sugary treats.    

My favorite quote:  "It's never tos late to be what you might have been."  by George Eliot

Who knows maybe I will pen a piece that is worthy of publishing on this wonderful retreat.




3 comments:

  1. You had me at the Delde pen pouch. I love that thing. This is a dreamy piece and now I'm daydreaming of a writer retreat. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing Toward Home is one of my favorite books on writing. Always inspiring. Glad you've joined the retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that you joined the retreat. You are so well prepared with tools and habits. Great!

    ReplyDelete

Poop Notes #SOL

I hate when the kids leave.  I fight to keep the tears at bay.  I strive to stay productive.  However, a blanket of sadness usually wraps ar...