Monday, March 14, 2022

"It's Just Another Manic Monday" Until... #SOLC22

Monday.  I missed my morning writing and rolled into work a bit overwhelmed.

I spent before school and my first period cleaning up the classroom and finalizing plans with my co-teacher as I had a meeting during our first class, and she was flying solo.

As I was unplugging my computer to leave, a little hand crept in front of me and dropped three curled-up strips of paper onto my keyboard.  


I looked up and saw one of my students walking back to their seat.

I opened up each strip to find three encouraging quotes that were important reminders as I began my day with students.  

Catching their eye, I said, "How did you know that these were the words I needed to hear this morning?"  


These words and their return smile touched my heart and reminded me that students care about us, too.  







4 comments:

  1. Kids are the best. Sometiems they just know what needs to be said. Sweet little paper crafts are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the first paragraphs create a familiar chaos and with the gift of the three quotes I can feel the sense of calm that came with them. Maybe it's the way each sentence before that had so much in it, like a list of to-do's but the sentences about the papers, they are all in the moment!

    ReplyDelete

Poop Notes #SOL

I hate when the kids leave.  I fight to keep the tears at bay.  I strive to stay productive.  However, a blanket of sadness usually wraps ar...