Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Not Prepared #SOLC22

I cried twice before 10:30 this morning.

7:35 a.m.

Tuesday means morning bus duty.  I usually monitor the library for students who want a quieter place to start the day.  I decided to bring Love that Dog with me as I was at the end, and we are planning to use the book as part of our poetry unit.

No one prepared me!  I was sitting in the chair reading away when BAM!  The car hit the dog!

And, my tears started to flow.  Yes, I tend to cry when watching a sad episode or movie on TV and when reading a sad book.  This hit me hard, though.  It brought back the loss of our cat Daisy.  

Thankfully, I was around the corner, so it was hard to see me.  Unfortunately, it was hard to ignore my sniffles and nose-blowing.  

10:15 a.m.

My watch vibrated.  I looked down to see a text flash by from Ashley.  My daughter is a freshman at the University of Wisconsin.  I rarely get texts from her during the week.  Truth be told, I am usually the initiator of most of the texts.  

Surprised and perhaps a bit worried, I looked at the text as it was my prep period.

From Ashley:  Where the Crawdads Sing is becoming a movie so I want to read it before it comes out.  Maybe we can go see it together.




First, she WANTS to read.  Second, she WANTS to go to the movies with me.  Third, she is thinking of me in the morning.

The tears started again.  This time I let them come and confirmed my movie date with Ashley.







 


2 comments:

  1. Awwwhhh that was so sweet, thanks for sharing. Some days we are just emotional beings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you ended your morning with happy tears!

    ReplyDelete

Poop Notes #SOL

I hate when the kids leave.  I fight to keep the tears at bay.  I strive to stay productive.  However, a blanket of sadness usually wraps ar...