Monday, March 28, 2022

The Roll of the Dice #SOLC22

The other day I read a slice that was created using Taylor Mali's Metaphor Dice.  It reminded me that my friend gave me a box as a gift.  I took them out and rolled several times, but nothing inspired me.  I grew frustrated and put them away.  I decided to give it another try tonight.  Here goes...


The future 

is a mirror as black as midnight, 

which is to say

I cannot see myself

or where I am going.

I must find the light

to illuminate 

a healthier and stronger

version of myself.





2 comments:

  1. Oh, I liked the poem that turned out -- especially the line I cannot see myself or where I am going. Intriguing! This is the second slice I have read where these dice are used -- worth the purchase?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like what you made of your dice, such a sense of anticipation and mystery, which is really what the future is all about!

    ReplyDelete

Poop Notes #SOL

I hate when the kids leave.  I fight to keep the tears at bay.  I strive to stay productive.  However, a blanket of sadness usually wraps ar...