Saturday, March 18, 2023

Colorful RSVP #SOLC23

Thank you, Leigh Anne, for the slicer party invitation.  Here is my colorful RSVP.

The best blue is the turquoise ocean water of Florida, which brings me peace and draws me closer to family.

The best white is the sand at Nokomis beach, which covers my feet and worries.

The best red is the color of my University of Wisconsin sweatshirt, always a reminder of my daughter and a beacon for shout-outs of "Go Badgers!"

The best green are the shoots of newly sprouted plants in my garden, a teaser for the bountiful vegetables to come.

The best brown is the lounge chair next to the pool where I spend hours reading and relaxing.

The best yellow is the color of Ashley's costume for "Turning Page," her self-choreographed solo--she lit up the stage.

The best orange is the sunrise at the beach with Cam and Ashley.

The best black is the ink filling up the pages of my journals and planner.

The best purple is the lilac bush on the side of the house near the chimney, planted as a reminder of my childhood home and reading place.







4 comments:

  1. Thank you for joining the colorful fun! I nodded my head with many of these! I wish we could spend some time on the beach together reading and writing and sunning! That would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet rainbow post. I want to see Ashley's uniform. It's like a form of poetry. :) I'm going to go see what I missed at Leigh Anne's page now. Thanks for sharing these sweet images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful list of colours and moments of life.

    ReplyDelete

Poop Notes #SOL

I hate when the kids leave.  I fight to keep the tears at bay.  I strive to stay productive.  However, a blanket of sadness usually wraps ar...