Thursday, March 2, 2023

Magic Desk #SOLC23

This weekend, we had some family fly in from Colorado to stay with us for the first time.  It was 3 days of laughter and love, which ended in magic.

I had to vacate the guest room, aka my writing room, and I was happy to return to my space at the beginning of the week.  

When I sat down, I peered at a reminder I wrote on a notepad and found a 20 dollar bill peeking out the side.  I don't usually carry cash in my wallet and certainly do not leave it under my note stack.  

Hmmm...something fishy was going on.  I immediately thought of the magic table video my husband showed us that weekend.  In it a man shares his excitement about the magic coffee table that cleans up after him.  I thought that was hilarious until my desk started giving me money.

The next day, I closed my laptop to find a row of 4 sticky notes behind it.  


Now, my desk was sending me positive notes.  I swore it was not there the day before.  It even knew my name.  Upon a first reading, I swore it was addressing me in the last note.  

And then I remembered...Scott's cousin's name is ALSO Heather.  

Okay, so maybe my desk is not magical, but the feeling of joy most certainly felt as if magic was in the air.  


I am excited to be participating in the 16 Annual Slice of Life Challenge.  







5 comments:

  1. This is a perfect slice to capture the magic of the moment! It reminds me of the time my stepson took us to his place of work and was giving my husband the tour of the airport. I was reading, so I stayed put while they were walking so they could have some together time. While they were gone, I saw the sticky notes and decided to go wild, leaving them everywhere with little notes that he said he kept finding for weeks, even behind memos long tacked to the bulletin board. I hope your desk really is magic, but it sounds like you have magical family, and that's even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A magic desk that gives out money and kindness - what could be better? Now, I'm thinking that would be a great writing prompt for my students!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! I love the idea of a magic desk- now if my desk could just write for me, please! Xo, Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. A magic desk would be so welcome in my life right about now - it could make all my lesson plans, lol. Thank you for this magical slice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess that trip IKEA was worth it! :) This is the perfect example of a slice but it could also make a great writing prompt. What would the magic desk leave me?

    ReplyDelete

Poop Notes #SOL

I hate when the kids leave.  I fight to keep the tears at bay.  I strive to stay productive.  However, a blanket of sadness usually wraps ar...