Friday, March 3, 2023

Poetry Pal Writing Friday SOLC23

My Fridays end in a writing session with a student I tutor in my home town.  It is a treasured time of the week.  

There is nothing better than writing with a student who has as much passion for poetry, punctuation, and words as I do.  

Today, she was writing a Diamante poem for a poetry contest.  There were four words provided for a potential topic.

I decided to write with her.  One word caught my attention because I have been living it for the last year and a half at work--uncertainty.

We sat for about 10 minutes writing, and then, we shared our poems.  We picked the same word, but we did very different things with the topic--another one of my favorite things.  


Uncertainty

Frustrating, troublesome

Worrying, stressing, hoping

A constant uneasy state

Resigning, giving-up, relenting

Forceful, risky

Dilemma


What a perfect piece of Friday for me, which just got bigger with a surprise visit from my son.





2 comments:

  1. Writing that isn't school writing - that sounds wonderful! Hopefully your uneasy Friday night state will be calmer now that your son is home! Aren't those the best surprises!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely way to spend a Friday afternoon- writing with a student who shares your passion. I too love to see the different writing that emerges from the same prompt. The feelings in your diamante resonate with me.

    ReplyDelete

Poop Notes #SOL

I hate when the kids leave.  I fight to keep the tears at bay.  I strive to stay productive.  However, a blanket of sadness usually wraps ar...