Sunday, March 5, 2023

The Decisions a Pen Makes #SOLC23

Today, I have spent a lot of time at my desk writing and correcting.  I have been wanting to try my hand at an etheree poem, and since my pen has been in my hand most of the day, I decided that would be my first line.  I write morning pages every day, and sometimes, I feel like I write the same things over and over.  Sometimes I want to dive deeper, and sometimes I don't.  I wonder why.

Pen

marches

across page

spilling out thoughts

that only paper 

can hear 'cause if uttered 

aloud then others might know

a heart's mind, and sometimes there are

secrets the pen decides are better

left liquid in the barrel - forgotten





4 comments:

  1. Wow, I love that image of the secretive thoughts left as liquid in the barrel. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the line that the paper can hear your hearts thoughts without sharing it aloud. My journal pages have soaked up much of that. (For some reason I can’t sign-in to leave a comment- Cathy Hutter)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of a pen holding secrets. This reminds me of the middle grade book All the Answers where a magic pencil could answer questions to person who held the pencil. Sometimes we might not want to know those answers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow, Heather. Isn't that the truth? Sometimes secrets are "better
    left liquid in the barrel - forgotten" At least that is what we tell ourselves, isn't it? I don't write everything, and that sometimes disappoints me. This poem has captured that, to be sure. All the best as you continue to write morning pages, #SOL23 posts, poetry and more.

    ReplyDelete

Poop Notes #SOL

I hate when the kids leave.  I fight to keep the tears at bay.  I strive to stay productive.  However, a blanket of sadness usually wraps ar...