Sunday, March 12, 2023

The Un in the Fortunates #SOLC23

Thank you to The Biblio Bard Blogger and Joyous Thoughts for the fortunately/unfortunately inspiration.  It seemed fitting today as my colleagues are active in the group chat about the crazy weather.

Fortunately, today is 46 degrees and sunny enough to walk in my sweatshirt.  Unfortunately, a Nor'Easter is moving in tomorrow night and throughout Tuesday.  Fortunately, the forecast is usually wrong.

Fortunately, I have the day to myself to correct, plan lessons, and update Canvas pages without feeling guilty.  Unfortunately, Sundays are never long enough.

Fortunately, my kids are thriving and living their best lives (one at UW-Madison and the other working an hour away).  Unfortunately, I do not see them often.

Fortunately, I work with the best colleagues/friends and feel the most connected in the 19 years I have worked at this school.  Unfortunately, changes being made to our school, department, and schedule may require a move for me away from my team.

Fortunately, I have the best friends.  We call ourselves fr-amily.  Unfortunately, we do not see each other often enough.

Fortunately, my parents live on the Gulf coast of Florida near beautiful beaches.  Unfortunately, I live in the interior of New England, and I am unable to visit them often enough.

Fortunately, I am a part of the best writing group and have developed friendships with other teacher-writers from all over the world.  Unfortunately, we are rarely able (and some never) to see each other in person.

Unfortunately, I must move on to school work.




2 comments:

  1. Excellent balance of fortunes! Thanks for sharing them. I just found out the temps are dropping here too. I'm ready for the weather to stabilize!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on Erica's blog and was going to give it a try. It was good to read yours as another inspiration. Unfortunately, I have to move on to school work too so I totally identify with the feeling in your last line.

    ReplyDelete

Poop Notes #SOL

I hate when the kids leave.  I fight to keep the tears at bay.  I strive to stay productive.  However, a blanket of sadness usually wraps ar...