Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Wednesday Night Senses #SOLC23

Thank you, Hannah's Happenings for today's inspiration.  I am supposed to be working on being more mindful in my guided journaling practice, so waking up my senses this evening seemed fitting.


I smell coconut as I massage moisturizing lotion over my hands to soothe my dry, cracked hands.  

I hear cars zooming by intermittently outside my window and a dull ringing in my ears.  

I see screens all around as I tutor over Zoom.  I would much rather meet in person at the library.

I feel chilled while working next to the window, so I drape a warm wrap around my shoulders.

I taste wintergreen mints, which provide a fresh zing to cover the remnant taste of dinner.


And now, I feel the urge to shut down my computer to watch the last episode of Virgin River under a thick warm blanket while munching on popcorn.





2 comments:

  1. I love the senses post -- I'll need to try it soon. I need more lotion -- my hands have been so badly chapped the past few days after the temps dropped again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, good for you. I experienced those things with you, tasting the wintergreen, smelling the coconut lotion and more. I can also celebrate with you as you watch the last episode of Virgin River, with popcorn, under a warm blanket. Yummy.

    Bummer you have to tutor on Zoom. Here's to be together in person. Hopefully that can happen soon.

    ReplyDelete

Poop Notes #SOL

I hate when the kids leave.  I fight to keep the tears at bay.  I strive to stay productive.  However, a blanket of sadness usually wraps ar...