Saturday, April 15, 2023

Too Many Seconds Missed #VerseLove

Thank you, Allison Berryhill, for the invitation to ponder what I've missed.  This idea was a topic of conversation over drinks with friends last night.  As a teacher, time off does not necessarily match up with the rest of the world.  I feel that I have missed many moments in my children's lives, and it is even harder now that they are adults and off on their own.  

I recently missed Mother's Weekend for my daughter's sorority.  She sent me pictures, attempting to keep me connected, but it hit my heart.  I am going to plan carefully so I can attend next year.  I only have so many more of these "mother" moments.

I missed
a weekend by your side
with your "sisters,"
instead a friend stepped in my place.

I missed 
making bouquet bunches,
our fingers arranging the beautiful blooms
in the same room and not through text.

I missed
too many seconds
because time is a treasure
that is difficult to find with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Poop Notes #SOL

I hate when the kids leave.  I fight to keep the tears at bay.  I strive to stay productive.  However, a blanket of sadness usually wraps ar...