Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Changing Views #SOL

Our street was alive this morning with an enormous crane, a wood chipper, chainsaws, and a zippy Bobcat.  After 25 years, approximately 10 pine trees were removed from our neighbors' properties, seven of them were on edge of our land.  

Many people from the neighborhood were out watching five men skillfully removing trees along fences, next to houses, and against power lines.

At one point while inside the house, I could hear the chainsaw just outside the window.  I went outside to see the tree that was on our side being lifted above the fence. 



 

And then, it was floating high above our neighbor's house.  



Minutes later, it was being fed through a wood chipper.  

And now, our voices echo in the driveway, and the neighbor is getting burned by the sun through her window.  

The view from and of our older and developed street is now forever changed.  I'm not quite sure how I feel about this.  




5 comments:

  1. I feel sad about your trees. I'm so sorry your neighbor put you through that - I hope they let you know before they did it. My heart goes out to the little birds and critters who called those trees home. Hopefully they will replant some to grow back in their place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing to see that process, especially the way the crane is used to remove the top half. I was in a conservation area once as a tree was being removed. Space was open, so it was allowed to fall to the ground. Even though we were well back, we could feel the ground tremble beneath our feet as it hit the earth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, that picture of the floating tree is spectacular. I can see why you are not sure how you feel about the loss of those trees. Wow, what a post. I hadn't thought about the echoing and getting burned through the window. It will change the neighborhood most certainly, as you say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo of the flying tree! I always feel sad to see trees cut down but I also know that safety needs to come first. Were the trees weakened and needed to be taken down?

    ReplyDelete

Poop Notes #SOL

I hate when the kids leave.  I fight to keep the tears at bay.  I strive to stay productive.  However, a blanket of sadness usually wraps ar...