Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Poop Notes #SOL

I hate when the kids leave.  I fight to keep the tears at bay.  I strive to stay productive.  However, a blanket of sadness usually wraps around me.

After returning from dropping my daughter off at the airport on Sunday, I immediately prepped my lunches for the week because I knew that my motivation would wane after hosting my TeachWrite writing group at 2:00 p.m.  

Not long after, I sat down at my desk to set up the Zoom meeting, and as I opened my computer, I saw a green sticky note with the word "poop" written on it on the inside of my candy jar.  I smiled as I knew that my son left it while he was home for Thanksgiving. 

I looked up at the lamp to switch it on and found another "poop" sticky note.  Everywhere my eye could rest was a "poop" note.  I opened the drawer and found another.  I leaned back in my chair and found one on the edge of the desk.  They were everywhere.

I texted my son ,"Thanks for the love notes."  

He texted back, "Hope you enjoy finding them all."  

Two days later, I found yet another.  

Every. Single. Time. I smiled.  Cam knows me well, and he knew just how to get me out from under that heavy blanket.  









3 comments:

  1. That is love! So funny. Just like a son to find 'poop' a love note, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet gesture! I think it's precious that he knew you would be sad, and he took time to lighten the load with smiles. Nice slice, Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another four-letter word for love...when our kids give them, it's a way out of any funk. Enjoy your lunches. (Who knows? There may be another "poop" coming your way.)

    ReplyDelete

Poop Notes #SOL

I hate when the kids leave.  I fight to keep the tears at bay.  I strive to stay productive.  However, a blanket of sadness usually wraps ar...