I almost did not get up to write this morning. My bed felt perfectly cozy, and I wished I could stay there all day.
Even though I had only eight hours until the official weekend, I felt as though I already needed more time. I was spent, and the day had not yet begun.
I wish I felt different, but things are not getting easier or better. In theory, it could possibly get better when we are fully in school five days a week, but even that will be hard. No one in my district has been in school five days a week with a normal size class for over a year.
I wondered if my lethargy was because I have not done anything fun for myself for the last six months. So, I spent my writing time making a list of things that do not involve work, cleaning, writing, or my normal meal prep.
My Fun List:
- get a membership to Tower Hill Botanical gardens and visit regularly
- drive to the beach, sit in a chair, and read a book
- hike new trails
- take a knitting class
- play board games with Scott and Ashley
- visit Nashoba Valley Winery and others
- eat out when outside dining opens
- popcorn and a movie
- make bread
- visit Walden Pond
- start plants for the garden
- Let's Make Art - get a subscription and start creating
- work on Ashley's repat blanket
- go to Boston
- visit Release Well-Being
- take a cooking class
- go back to Pickety Place with my friends
- go to Florida to see mom and dad when fully vaccinated