Monday, March 7, 2022

Forever a Dance Mom #SOLC22

I am a dance mom, now and forever.  

I have to say that is probably the thing I miss most from my nesting mom days.  There was nothing more moving than watching my daughter come alive on the stage doing what she loved.  

Yes, it was stressful, time-consuming, and expensive, but nothing could dampen the spirit and emotion she brought to a dance.  

As she entered high school, she wanted to do other things, such as play soccer and participate in unified track.  While she continued to dance, one could tell that Ashley wanted more in her life than just dance.  Being a competitive dancer, involvement in other activities created some conflict.  The pressure doused some of her passion for dance.

When she decided to attend the University of Wisconsin, she was unsure whether she wanted to continue to dance, and that near broke my heart.  We had many discussions, and in the end, I knew that I needed to back off and let her find her way.

On Friday night while I was out with a friend, I received a text from her that made my heart sing.

From Ashley:  Driving to Indianapolis for dance now and I think the best decision I’ve made in college is to join this team 🥳

The joy and passion for dance are back, and she found it on her own terms.  I am excited to go see her dance in her Showcase in April.  

Thank you to Books on the Back Porch for the inspiration today.

Here is my tiny dancer years ago and now.  

The joy of being on stage. 
College dancer




No comments:

Post a Comment

Poop Notes #SOL

I hate when the kids leave.  I fight to keep the tears at bay.  I strive to stay productive.  However, a blanket of sadness usually wraps ar...