Tuesday, March 21, 2023

10 Line Tuesday #SOLC23

This is my first time trying a 10 line Tuesday poem, which I first learned about from Tammy E.  Thank you for the inspiration.  

I rose before the sun to write my morning pages,
just like every other morning.  
However, a community conversation with sixth-graders 
about women in STEM and a change in schedule
had us all a bit off-kilter.
A rocky testing situation kept the staff on its toes, 
but the shortened periods meant time was numbered.
At school end, a Meet the Creeps rehearsal with a double cast
went seamlessly smooth, and after a quick change,
I surrendered to a comfy chair and twenty needles for release.





7 comments:

  1. Well done! I really enjoyed your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the 10 line Tuesday idea, Heather. I'm saving that for next week. Our teacher days are so crazy, aren't they? So glad we get to end a few of them with our Teach Write writing crew. The perfect end to the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard of this one, Ten Line Tuesday. Nicely done...and I'm curious about 'twenty needles for release'. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was very cool! I loved learning all about your day and the flow of the poem :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a new poetry prompt for me. Maybe next Tuesday it will be my Slice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather, nice ten lines that really help you to know your end point. You gave us quite a taste of your day. Some sounded stressful. The play practice was awesome! And is that acupuncture??

    ReplyDelete

Poop Notes #SOL

I hate when the kids leave.  I fight to keep the tears at bay.  I strive to stay productive.  However, a blanket of sadness usually wraps ar...