Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Mellifluous Words #VerseLove

Thank you, Stacey Joy, for the invitation to write a haiku sonnet about a word that resonates with me.  I am a word nerd, so today's prompt was a bit challenging.  It was difficult for me to pick just one, so I included a few.  You also combined my favorite form (haiku) with the most challenging form (sonnet) for me.  I feel like I am going in circles a bit.  

Mellifluous Words 

Difficult to find,
put together, and convey
the heart's intention

Sing soft secrets to 
the wind and traverse the skies
to find open minds

Pierce the soul, causing
ripples of thoughts that create
eternal changes

Passed unto others-
sanguine and effervescent,
lifting spirits up

Words matter
Mellifluous words spread joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poop Notes #SOL

I hate when the kids leave.  I fight to keep the tears at bay.  I strive to stay productive.  However, a blanket of sadness usually wraps ar...