Monday, April 10, 2023

Science in Verse #VerseLove

Thank you, Brittany Saulnier, for the invitation to bring some science knowledge and learning into poetry form.  A few years ago, I thought my tree was dying.  I saw a light green substance covering the bark, and the tree was dropping its leaves so much earlier than other trees.  I took a picture to a local nursery and was told it was lichen.  I spent some time researching, and I think I might have written a poem back then.  

My students are writing tanka and haiku poems in class, so I decided to write a haiku.

Lichen is...

algae and fungi
in a symbiotic dance
protector of trees


No comments:

Post a Comment

Poop Notes #SOL

I hate when the kids leave.  I fight to keep the tears at bay.  I strive to stay productive.  However, a blanket of sadness usually wraps ar...