Thursday, April 6, 2023

Sijo Struggles #VerseLove

Thank you, Barb Edler, for the Sijo challenge today.  I have read Linda Sue Park's Tap Dancing on the Roof:  Sijo (Poems) before and love this form, but boy is it hard to write one of my own.  Thursday is my long day, and I am sitting in the library trying my best to put something together.  My head feels like it is in a fog, so that is where I went with my poem.  

Head is pounding from so much pressure; it can't make sense of much
Thoughts scatter, words escape; there's nothing let to formulate
Verse love is not enough for this writer - Sijo allergy


1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you are not feeling well, but it did make good fodder for this poem! I have never written one of these but I am writing it down to study a little more an try.

    ReplyDelete

Poop Notes #SOL

I hate when the kids leave.  I fight to keep the tears at bay.  I strive to stay productive.  However, a blanket of sadness usually wraps ar...