Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Where I Am, I Begin #Solace and Connection #SOL

Thank you, Leigh Anne Eck, for the invitation to participate in the Solace and Connection round up.  I need to be more present in nature, and I love writing about what is alive around me.  

I am excited to dive The Curious Nature Guide by Clare Walker Leslie.  I used your prompt to being where I am.

Dancing branches and soaring birds
beneath holes of blue.
A yellow crocus watches
cars rolling by.
Kids chatter
as the sun lowers
and the air cools.

6:36 p.m.,
April 4th,
early spring,
 Shrewsbury, MA
in my front yard







6 comments:

  1. A beautiful shape poem in every way. The inclusion of the time and date makes it absolutely special. I wonder if the front of your yard will share the same story next year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice Spring moment. It’s an overcast sky, but a warm evening and my little neighbor boy is out in the yard with his ball and bat… though his mom is trying to get him to go back to helping pick up sticks out of the yard to get ready for the first mowing of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used this prompt. It is such a wonderful to document and freeze a moment in time. Your first two lines bring about such imagery for me. I told Cathy how I didn't use this one, but now, after seeing others, I want to go back and try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, like Leigh Anne, I didn't use this prompt, but I like it the freeze frame of a certain time and place. It would be fun to read all of them written in an anthology. "Dancing branches and soaring birds" is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. " A yellow crocus watches cars rolling by"- what a creative observation. I wonder if nature watches us as much as we watch it. Thank you for putting that wonder into my mind. Love the photo too. Both capture the moments of early Spring in the Northeast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your words calmed my racing mind. I love the yellow crocuses watching the cars roll by.

    ReplyDelete

Poop Notes #SOL

I hate when the kids leave.  I fight to keep the tears at bay.  I strive to stay productive.  However, a blanket of sadness usually wraps ar...