Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Printed Delights #VerseLove

Thank you, Bryan Crandall, for the invitation to write a Drive-by poem to for someone worthy of a poem.  It was perfect for today.

I have a student who got a 3D printer for Christmas.  I shared that my son had one when he was younger, and I loved the different things he could create.  Since then, the student has created and gift me two of his 3D creations.  Today, I received the second.  I am overwhelmed by his thoughtfulness, and he is certainly deserving of a poem of appreciation.

Printed Delights 

You drop your bag
on the table
and dig for treasures
just for me.

Then, you brandish
a creation made of
carbon fibers
for everyone to see.

My heart lifts
and joy flutters
as I am the lucky one
touched by your generosity.




1 comment:

Poop Notes #SOL

I hate when the kids leave.  I fight to keep the tears at bay.  I strive to stay productive.  However, a blanket of sadness usually wraps ar...