Thursday, March 16, 2023

Finding Joy #SOLC23


Thank you, Lynne's Blog for the inspiration- a list of underrated joys.  Coincidentally, I set the intention to find joys today, so this prompt seems appropriate.

Underrated Joys from the Last Few Days

1.  8th graders seem excited about Genius Hour.  Their proposals are phenomenal.

2.  I walked into school fully prepared for teaching.

3.  Texts from Ashley

4.  Playing with Canva

5.  Snow day (even though I worked all day)

6.  Slaying my to do list

7.  Staying away from the chocolate drawer

8.  Planning engaging (I hope) lessons for my students

9.  Writing daily slices

10.  Warm and fuzzy sheets



3 comments:

  1. I forgot how much I love crossing off a to do list until I did that today. Officially ready for my Spring Break because this girl got her grading AND sub plans together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those are awesome joys. I like that idea of underrated joys. Ones that we let slip by sometimes without acknowledging them. I'm guilty of that. I loved the slaying and staying were next to each other in #6 and #7. All the best with Genius Hour and your 8th graders. I loved doing genius hour with 8th graders--probably the most fun of any group I ever did it with. They are passionate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our posts were similar. I wrote about My Favorite Things and many of those are underrated joys. Those small things are what bring joy to each of our days.

    ReplyDelete

Poop Notes #SOL

I hate when the kids leave.  I fight to keep the tears at bay.  I strive to stay productive.  However, a blanket of sadness usually wraps ar...